Sunday, March 16, 2008

Puer Aeternus

Oh, let me be the Anima that you forget!
Puer Aeternus, show the Self that you forget!

Your smile will not be mine—I know and am resigned,
but my desire is for the secrets you forget.

You know your own perfection and attractiveness,
and yet, your own eternal spirit you forget.

You are the soft assassin who can harshly laugh
while blood pours through the gentle fingers you forget.

A thousand half-dead bodies writhe before your feet.
They issue from my heart: the heart that you forget.

A hundred thousand times, you have refused to love;
I come to you again with pleas that you forget.

Were you to love me, I might understand the whole;
your soul’s mandala ever spins, which you forget.

Reality is cruel and garish: you escape.
Thus, I will cry the shrieks of sorrow you forget.

When ancient, prudent Senex glances to the side,
then come to me by bitter pathways you forget.

As I would be Sophia, be my graceful Guide.
Go singing from the famous carol you forget.

No comments: